The Recycling Centre is a facility which receives citizen’s urban waste. It is a free of charge service which aims to:
- Use materials which contain solid urban waste, which can be directly recycled to save energy and raw materials as well as the waste which needs to be treated and/or eliminated.
- Avoid the uncontrolled dumping of oversized waste which cannot be eliminated with conventional rubbish collection services.
- Separate dangerous waste generated in homes, because the elimination of it together with the rest of urban waste or by means of sewerage networks is a risk for workers and may harm treatment/removal facilities and contaminate the environment.
- Address: Carretera Tias –Pto del Carmen (next to the dump)
- Opening hours from Monday to Saturday: 08:00 am. to 18:00 pm
- Sundays and Bank holidays: closed
The managing body will accept the domestic waste when it fulfils the conditions and quantities established at each recycling point. Waste from industrial or business activity and public organisms is not accepted.
Permitted waste and quantities at recycling points:
|VEGETABLE OIL||10 Litres (10 kg with packaging)|
|MINERAL OIL||10 Litres (10 kg with packaging)|
|WASTE||1000 kg per week|
|FLUORESCENT LAMPS||5 units|
|GARDEN WASTE||2 cubic metres|
|WOOD||1 cubic metre|
|MEDICINE (Solid products)||2 kg|
|METAL (Aluminium and other metals)||View specifications(*)|
|FURNITURE AND APPLIANCES||View specifications(*)|
|PAINTS, VARNISHED AND SOLVENTS||25 kg|
|TETRA BRIKS (carton packaging)||Household production|